Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Strange Event




This story is not my own but one that was told to me by my sister in law. She and her husband were attending the funeral of a friend. It had been a very overcast and cloudy day and was still that way during the funeral.


However, just as they walked out of the church and into the outdoors the sun suddenly came out and as the casket was being carried out to the hearse a very bright ray of sun opened up and shown down directly on the casket.


She said it was as if the heavens were opening up to receive the casket into the great beyond. She said everyone felt the same way about it. They felt confident that the person, who was their friend, was taken into heaven at that moment.


It was a strange happening and they felt as if something great had just been sent upon them.


I probably would have been kind of stunned if something like that happened to me as I am sure many of those people were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home