Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Another Water Story




I have another story about water from my childhood days. I guess it was Ok to ask people for water because my Mother seemed to do it quite aften!




We were on one of our Sunday afternoon drives and if I am correct, I think we had been to White Rock Cemetery--I have written about White Rock before and how I hated going there.




Anyway, somewhere along the way we were all thirsty so we stopped at a farm house and asked for some water. The people were nice but they told us that they really didn't want us to drink any of their water because they had had typhoid fever and their well was condemned. That settled it for us. We didn't want to get typhoid fever for certain.




Nowadays I would never in a million years stop at some one's house and ask for water. Of course, I have a thermos jug and would carry water with us whenever we went on a trip. I think it was different back in those days. We used to have men come to our door and ask for food to eat, saying they would do some work for it. My Mother has fed many men back in those days. So asking for water was not an unusual thing to do.




Some things have changed since then. I am not sure all of the change has been for the good!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home