Sunday, November 7, 2010

THE COMMON CUP




Many years ago I can remember seeing at stores, gas stations and other places an ice water keg out in front with a tin cup sitting there on the top of it for everyone to drink from. Some had separate cups for colored or whites.
I never drank from them because my Mother strictly told us not t0. Many people did use the cup. At some places, such as the banks or other stores they would have little paper cups in a holder that you could use to drink with. But a lot of places just had the tin cups.
Now we have nice drinking fountains, which even now are cited as a source of germs. I always make sure I don't let my mouth touch any part of a drinking fountain when I drink from one.
I can't imagine anyone drinking out of a cup which many other people have used before you. Not only because of just plain dirt from someone else but because of so many communicable diseases.
I would use the palm of my hand first!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home