Thursday, November 4, 2010

More worries


As if I don't already have enough problems to worry about, I have adopted a new worry!
The house in the picture above is across the street from me. The people who live there moved into the house about three or four years ago. There is a man, a woman and three children in the family.
I have been told that the woman has the three children by three different men. A boy about 14--a guesstimate--a girl about 9 or 10 and a smaller girl about three. The youngest girl is the child of the man who is now married to her. They are married but I am not sure if she was married to the other men or not.
Things seemed fine until about six months ago. The man suddenly stopped being there. He may show up about once a week and stays for maybe an hour then he is gone again until another week or so.
Different cars show up and pick up one of the kids each time several times a week. I assume it is their biological fathers taking them for a visit. The older boy is there most of the time although sometimes he must be living with his father part of the time because about every other week he does not get off the school bus for that week.
The one girl in school also does not get off the school bus every week. So I assume she is staying somewhere else for that week. The mother probably works because she goes and comes in her car at different times of the day. It is a hectic mess there, I can tell!
I think at night when I can not sleep how sad it is for those children. They do not have a stable home. One week here and one week there. It must be heartbreaking.
I do not have a talking relationship with the family although the man does shovel me a path to the mailbox when it snows. I have talked to him some but not since this problem has arisen. I only have a waving relationship with the woman.
So, what can I do? Nothing but lie at night and think about the problem and pray for them. It is mainly bad for the children. They did not ask for the problem. The man and woman made their own problem and only they can work it out. I think about them a lot and hope that things improve soon for the sake of those children!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home