Friday, January 28, 2011

False Teeth


My grandmother wore false teeth. She delighted in making funny faces with her teeth sort of like the man in the picture above is doing. She thought it was hilarious and really got a kick out of it. I was just a little kid and it really frightened me when she did that. I know if she had realized how I felt about it she would not have wanted to do it. Even to this day I remember her doing that with her teeth and it is not a pleasant memory.
I have always felt that false teeth are a very private thing and should be kept private, not displayed to everyone else!
I loved my grandmother but I still feel to this day that she should not have put her false teeth on display to me in that way because that is what I remember most about her.

1 Comments:

At January 28, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've told this story before, but Aunt Lizzie was spending the night with Grandma for some reason when I was real little, and I adored her. I was going to sleep in the bed with her. That night as everyone was sitting around talking, she clicked her false teeth at me and took them out. I refused to get in the bed with her!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home