Thursday, May 1, 2008

Deep Purple

Back in the 30's and 40's one of the teachers at my high school in Paris,Texas, was a lady named Miss Katie Feeser. She was a history teacher. I never really had her as my teacher but she was well known all over the school (and in fact all over the city) as the lady who loved purple-- any shade of purple. They played the song "Deep Purple" lots of times at our assemblies in her honor.



She wore some shade of purple every day to school. Lavender, orchid, plum, dark purple, grape-- you name it and she wore it if it was any shade of purple. She had red hair so the color was quite a contrast to her red hair.



I did not attend her funeral but if I had I am sure I would have seen lots of purple there! And I am just as certain they would have played the song "Deep Purple."

I never see purple that I am not reminded of Miss Katie Feeser!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home