Friday, April 25, 2008

Shirley Temple

Shirley Temple and I have something in common--We are close to the same age. That is about it as far as the things in common go!


I remember the very first movie I ever went to was one of her movies. I think it was "Little Miss Broadway." It was in color and I was fascinated by that movie.


My Aunt and Uncle took me to see it. I didn't even know where we were going when they picked me up. After we got to the movie and were standing in line to get the tickets I told them I wasn't sure Mama would want me to go to the movie. That was back when some people thought movies were "sinful." Mama was one of those people. My aunt said, "Oh don't worry about that." However, we did see the movie and I assume Mama never said anything about me going .





I have seen quite a few Shirley Temple movies since then, new ones and repeats, but none of them ever quite enthralled me as much as that first one did. We have never had another Shirley Temple since her and probably never will!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home