Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Who Was I Fooling?

Back when my husband still worked he wanted his meal on the table when he got home at 5:00 PM. I usually tried to have it there for him.


Once in a while I would get involved in something that kept me too busy to start preparing the meal on time. When that happened I would hurriedly set the table and get everything ready and then start cooking whatever I was having. I would put the drinks on the table, the bread and anything that we were having that was ready to eat. The table would look all ready for eating except for the main entree which would be maybe just starting to cook. Sometimes it might be as long as a half hour before it would be done but at least it was cooking!

Most of the time that would satisfy him into thinking supper was about ready and he would not be so impatient. I don't know if I was fooling him, or myself, but it did seem to work.


After he retired he was much more mellow about things and was not so demanding about his meals. I suppose if I had worked 8 hours and had not had a meal since 7:00 AM I might have been demanding too about my meal being ready when I got home. After all, I didn't work so the least I could do is have the meals ready on time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home