Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Lovemar

Before I was married we lived on North Main Street in Paris, Texas. Right across the street from us was a small drive-in restaurant named the Lovemar. We referred to it as "the hamburger joint." The Hamburger Joint had a juke box and its music was piped to the outside of the building.


I went to sleep every night to the sound of all the popular music of that time. It was not extremely loud but loud enough that we could hear it even in the winter when the windows were closed. It was sort of my lullaby music. We heard all of the favorite country hits and other popular songs of the era. When I went to bed at night I loved hearing my favorite songs. Best of all, other people paid for my music!



If I stayed somewhere else overnight, as with a friend or a relative, I had trouble going to sleep without my juke box music.


These days even a clock ticking bothers me when I am in bed trying to sleep! But then I was much, much younger --in body and in mind. Now I take my music during the daylight hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home