Friday, May 2, 2008

A Lesson Learned!

We have made many trips to Texas over the years I have lived in Indiana-- most of the time twice a year. We usually stayed overnight at a Motel 6 in Joplin, Missouri. The motel was just off the highway we traveled on through Joplin.



This particular year we had stopped at Joplin and registered at the Motel 6. After we had refreshed ourselves we walked to the Waffle House restaurant which was just next door to the motel for a late night snack. We ate our meals and then went back to the motel for the night and went to bed.



The next morning I awakened and reached for my purse which I usually placed on my bed next to the wall. It was not there! Then, suddenly, it dawned on me that I had left it at the Waffle House. I quickly dressed and walked over to the Waffle House and went in the door. The waitress must have remembered me because she almost met me at the door and as I said, "I left my purse here last night," she said, "Yes, we have it here in the back." She went back and returned momentarily with my purse. It was all intact. I was so relieved. I had my checkbook, credit cards and other important things in the purse and I would have been greatly inconvenienced had I not got them back.



I consider what happened was a valuable lesson learned. I have been extremely careful with my purse since that happened. I think things like that sometimes happen to give you a warning to be more cautious in the future. And believe me, I have been!

1 Comments:

At May 2, 2008 at 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left my purse in the grocery cart one day -- not inside the store, but in the cart bin on the parking lot! I just knew it would be gone when I returned, but an honest person found it and turned it in to the grocery store office. No matter how bad we think mankind has become (and it has), there are still a lot of good honest people left.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home