Sunday, July 13, 2008

Old Crow





Years ago when my two girls were just teenagers, they came up with a nickname for me--much to my displeasure.


They had seen a whiskey bottle with the name OLD CROW on it. So they started calling me Old Crow! I really was ticked off with it and I threatened them with all sorts of punishments if they didn't stop it. However, do you spank a teenager?


This went on for several years and I finally got used to it and just ignored them when they called me that. I guess that did the trick because then they didn't use the name very often anymore.


Last Summer when my daughter from Idaho was visiting here in Indiana she and my other daughter went to garage sales. What did she find at one sale but a little figurine of a crow and the crow was standing by a little sign that said OLD CROW? She bought it and brought it home to me! I have it sitting on my shelf in my family room. It brings back pleasant memories of when they were still at home and annoying me with that old nickname!


Now I think of it as just a funny phase of their lives and not really anything to be annoyed about.

2 Comments:

At July 13, 2008 at 5:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think most of us get stuck with a nickname at one time or another in our lives. My dear sister gave me the name of dum-dum. And I can't imagine why!

 
At July 13, 2008 at 9:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be honest....I don't remember where dum-dum came from? Just know that I use it with the utmost love and affection!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home