Monday, August 4, 2008

How's that Hairdo?

My Sister and me



When I was about 5 years old this picture of my sister and me was made. Notice my big ribbon bow on my hair. That was all the rage then. I had several big wide ribbon bows that my Mother always put on my hair when we went somewhere. I had a color to match most of my dresses.


Every so often she would wash them and iron them to keep them looking crisp and new. They were made out of satin, taffeta, velvet and probably other kinds of material. My Mother would make a braid in the top of my hair and then tie the bow onto the braid. That way it stayed on pretty well.


I think they look sort of silly now but back then I was very much in style! The only reason my sister didn't have a bow on was because she didn't have enough hair to tie one on. I am sure that as soon as she had hair enough she had a big bow on also!

1 Comments:

At August 4, 2008 at 2:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home