Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Freckles

Freckles



Freckles was my niece's dog. Freckles had been ailing for some time. As had my husband, Ford.


On the Sunday that my husband died, I called my sister to tell her about Ford dying. We talked for a while and then she hung up and went to tell her husband about Ford dying. She said she told him, "Well, he is gone." He then said to her, "What are they going to do with him?" She was shocked and said, "What do you mean, what are they going to do with him?" Her husband then repeated, "I mean what are they going to do with him?"


My sister then said, "What did you think I just told you?" He said "Well, that Freckles died." Then she told him, "I told you that Ford died!"



He had thought she was talking to my niece, Freckles' owner, on the phone and that Freckles was the one who died. Actually, Freckles died later that same day.



So Freckles and Ford had the same fate that day, December 17th, 2000. I buried my husband at the cemetery I'm not sure what they did with Freckles!



1 Comments:

At September 24, 2008 at 8:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it good that God allows us humor even on the darkest days of our lives? I somehow think Ford would have found this incident quite amusing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home