Sunday, January 11, 2009

No Carnival Rides for Me!

THE OCTOPUS



Back when my kids were teenagers we attended a carnival that had set up in the parking lot of our Grocery store. I was just along to watch--and pay!


However, when we came to the octopus they wanted me to get on and ride also. I was never a real enthusiast for carnival rides but I had, over the years, ridden most of the different kinds of rides. I had never gotten sick on any of them. I said, "OK I will do it!"


I bravely got into the seat and braced myself for the wild ride.

After just a few rounds of the ride, I realized that I was not as young as I used to be. I was so dizzy and discombobulated that I wanted off that thing badly! But I was on for the whole ride and I had to finish it.


For the rest of the afternoon I was dizzy and nauseated and felt very out of this world. I decided then and there that I would never get on another carnival ride in my life! And I haven't!

2 Comments:

At January 13, 2009 at 6:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. The last time we took a group of kids to Six Flags Over Texas, I rode the Texas Giant roller coaster. I had a severe headache the rest of the day. I guess there's no cushion left between my brain and my skull. I said never again -- I prefer to keep what little brain I have left in working order!

 
At January 20, 2009 at 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara and Christopher got on one of those rides in a mall parking lot when Sara was little. The first time around Sara had a big smile, the next time around the smile was gone, the third time around she was turning green and Chris was yelling "Stop the ride!" Fortunately, there weren't too many people on it and I guess the ride operator didn't like the idea of having to clean up a mess...so he promptly stopped it to get Sara and Chris off! nh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home