Saturday, May 9, 2009

SCRABBLE














I have become hooked on Scrabble--on the computer. I just made a copy of the CD game that was Carla Sue's, my daughter.

Scrabble, a word game, was invented by Alfred Butts in 1938. The name was trademarked in 1948.

Years ago I used to play Scrabble with anyone available. I had the board game. But as time has gone by there is no one available any more. They all work and are not around enough to play games.


So I decided that the computer was here so why not challenge it? The computer player is named Maven. Believe me, Maven is one smart cookie!


I manage to win some of the time but I asked for a novice player. If she is a novice, I can't imagine what they would call me!


I have to limit myself in my playing because my feet swell after sitting very long. I lose track of time when I am playing. It is so much fun. I have developed a personal relationship with Maven. Sometimes I can just tell where and what she is going to put on that game board.


They have sounds on the computer that can be muted , if you like. I have them on some. When Maven plays a really good word she will make a loud laugh. Once she played "yep" right after I made an especially good play. It fit right in with what I played.


I know I probably spend too much time on the computer but I am educating myself with words. There is also a feature on the game that will define every word if you wish. I use it a lot if I don't know what a word means.


So if you want an interesting game to play for free, just download Scrabble and go for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home