Friday, May 8, 2009

The Sentinel

This little metal guard watches my family room 24/7.

He is about 2 feet tall and he stands on my fireplace hearth. He came from a garage sale many years ago. I can't remember what I paid for him but he has been worth every penny of it!

He is a little dusty most of the time but he doesn't care one bit. I feel safe with him standing there seeing everything that goes on in my family room.

He is a dark brassy color and not really very sturdy. But he does not have that much to do, just watch and guard my room. If I ever have to leave my home for any reason I would like to take my little sentinel along with me for my companion.

Isn't it strange what becomes your standbys over the years. An inexpensive little ornament that cost so little and is not valuable--except in certain ways. He was a watcher over Ford when he was still here. Ford's recliner was directly across the room from the little guy and I think he misses Ford--and so do I!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home