Saturday, December 12, 2009

Books





















I have always loved books. From the very first memories of mine books were at the top of the list. So when I was very young, before school, my Mother began talking about getting me a primer. I really didn't know what a primer was but I did know it was a book.
So we went to the book store one day and my mother helped me pick out a book. I can't remember what book it was but that was the beginning of my fun days of reading. I think it may have been a Mother Goose book with all of the nursery rhymes.

I still have a love for books but TV has sort of wrecked my true love of books. I sometimes wish I could go back to reading just plain old books instead of watching so much TV. Of course the computer has also cut in on some of my time.

Actually, Today about 4:30 my TV, Computer and telephone all crashed. They said some big truck had cut a line and caused the problem. They were all out for about four hours. I really felt isolated with no phone, no TV and no computer. I did have my cell phone and that helped some. I used it to call Verizon to see what the problem was. They told me it might be 8:00 in the morning before the repairs were finished. I was glad they were wrong and it was only about four hours.


Anyway, I would have been digging out a book to read had they not been repaired until tomorrow.

I still LOVE books!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home