Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Palindromes



Palindromes are a lot of fun to fool around with. There are words that are palindromes and then there are phrases that are palindromes. The above example is of a phrase. It reads exactly the same forwards and backwards.



Actually, the phrases are very hard to come up with. Words are not so hard but phrases are very hard to think up. I tried to think of some original ones and was unable to come up with a single phrase.



Examples of words are: mom, pop, dad, bob, level, did, wow, pep, pip ,civic --I am sure you can think of many other words. In fact, on Google there was one entry which was named 886 palindromes and the whole list is there.



Many of the palindromes I saw listed in Google made not much sense at all and it was even stated in the article that they didn't. But they are palindromes.



One that is credited to Napoleon is " Able was I ere I saw Elba." Another one is " Madam, I'm Adam."



I spend a lot of time when I can't sleep thinking about these weird things I run across during my research for ideas. You might say, I need to get a life! By the way, my first name, Anna, is a palindrome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home