Sunday, April 20, 2008

Car Sick!

When My youngest daughter was a baby she used to get car sick if she was in the presence of a car! Fortunately, she outgrew that phase of her life before too many years. At first she couldn't go even a short distance in the car without throwing up. Since we went on long trips frequently, it was a great disadvantage.



Once we were going to Texas as we did at least two times a year. Of course we were all clean and set for our trip. We did not even get to Huntington, which is about 25 miles away from our city before She did her act! She sprayed me good and I smelled terrible the rest of the trip. I had extra clothes in the suitcase but they were in the trunk and not handy to get to. We finally learned to prepare for the problem by taking wet washcloths and paper towels along with a plastic bucket whenever we got into the car. I am sure she felt worse than we did because she was the one who was sick!



When she was older there was another problem. She would not move her head if she was sick and therefore soiled the bed when she threw up. I would say, "Can't you please just turn your head so it goes on the floor instead of in the bed?" I think now that she has had children of her own she has begun to understand what I meant!



She was just bragging to me recently that her grandson was sick one night and she said he just got up; went to the bathroom; threw up; washed his hands and face and went back to bed. She was certainly not the role model for that!

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2008 at 7:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really remember her problem with car sickness, but I remember a night upstairs at Grandma's when we were all sick. We must have gotten food poisoning from something, because once the first one became sick, we started dropping like flies. Grandma was downstairs and heard all the commotion going on upstairs and she said she couldn't imagine what we were doing up there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home