Saturday, April 19, 2008

Earthquake!

I lived through an earthquake this morning. The earth quake that hit Illinois and Indiana awakened me this morning about 5:30. At first I thought someone was shaking my bed. Then I looked and could see no one in the room. Immediately I thought earthquake! The bed shook a couple of times and then stopped then it did it again and I definitely felt the bed shaking.



I could hardly wait until morning to turn on the TV and see if I was right. They were talking about it on the news. I knew it was an earthquake before I heard them saying it.



It all happened so quickly that I really didn't have time to get frightened about it. Now, if the shaking had been more severe or lasted longer I would have been very upset.



People in California are so used to these kinds of earthquakes that they wouldn't have been excited at all. But here in Indiana we have very few. This one was a 5.? something which did little or no damage even near the epicenter. Our last earthquake was in 1988 and was about the same as this one. I don't even remember it.



I hope I never have to be in a worse one than this one was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home