Friday, April 18, 2008

Daddy Could Really Dance!

When I was a kid, my daddy was in our kitchen one night doing something and a little mouse ran up his pants leg. He was dancing all around trying to get that mouse out of his pants. I am sure the mouse was more frightened than he was. Daddy was doing every dance step that was ever invented without even knowing it! Finally the mouse did escape from his pants and both were relieved.





Daddy used to set the mouse traps and even some rat traps. We were fascinated when he would put that cheese, or peanut butter or whatever bait he was using, on the little plate of metal that was there for it and draw back that huge, heavy metal spring to set the trap. I was deathly afraid of mouse traps and even more so of rat traps. But I guess I would have been even more frightened yet if I had encountered a mouse or a rat in our house! Thankfully, I have never seen a mouse in my house (I'm a poet and don't know it!) and I hope I never do! I could never set a trap if a mouse were to somehow get inside my home.

1 Comments:

At April 18, 2008 at 7:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you remember the story about Grandma flushing the mouse down the toilet?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home