Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Grandma and Hot Water


My Grandma used to live with us most of my childhood life. One of my main memories of her was seeing her sit by the kitchen stove early in the morning drinking her cup of hot water. I don't know why she thought this but she did; she thought the hot water was good for her. She never ate any breakfast until she had her cup of hot water. I like hot coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate and maybe a few other things hot but I can not stand just drinking hot water!




My Grandmother did not live to a very ripe old age because of stomach problems. So the hot water must have not done what she thought it should. The last few months of her life she could hardly eat anything without a lot of pain in her stomach and she actually died from malnutriton. These days they could have helped her problem I am sure but back then they could do nothing for her.




So, I will not drink hot water at all. I will stick with coffee, tea, hot chocolate or whatever. Maybe I will live to a ripe old age!

1 Comments:

At August 12, 2008 at 3:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a cup of coffee every morning, and during the winter I drink lots of hot tea, but I don't want just plain old hot water. I'm sure it didn't hurt her, but I can't see any way it would have helped her, either.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home