Monday, August 11, 2008

Poor Kids!

A small second table just for kids.




Years ago, even a little earlier than my time, kids were always fed at a later table than the adults. Some children probably didn't know that chickens had anything except wings, necks, backs, livers and gizzards.



I don't know who started that idea but I think it was a horrible one! Even when I was a little kid I remember my mother always letting me eat at the first table. I can remember my grandmother and my mother arguing over that very thing. My grandmother was of the old group who thought kids should be seated at the second table, after all of the adults had eaten but, thankfully, my Mother didn't think that way.

A good alternative to children eating at the first table is to have a small second table just for them. They can still eat at the same time everyone else does without taking space at the big table. That makes sense to me.


Any time I have had dinners during my married life, all the kids were taken care of first and seated at the table to eat before the adults. I just think that is the right thing to do. Children come first in my mind when it comes to eating!


Little children do not understand why they have to wait but adults can understand better. Maybe some of the adults do not think that way --but tough--let them wait!










1 Comments:

At August 12, 2008 at 7:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mealtimes with all the cousins at Grandma's are some of my favorite memories. I know it must have been one hectic mess for the adults getting all of us situated. Then by the time the adults were ready to sit down to eat, all the kids were ready for seconds! Did ya'll get to enjoy your meals at all?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home