Thursday, January 15, 2009

Come on Baby, Let's Do the Twist!




















Remember the Twist? That was in the 60s. Right at the peak of the Twist craze we visited in Texas with my Sister, Mary Ruth. One of us, I don't remember which, had the Chubby Checker Twist album.

One night we put the Twist record on and began to do the Twist. It was very catchy and fun music to listen to and to dance to.


Right there in Mary Ruth's living room we put on a fascinating dance show with all of us doing, or attempting to do, the Twist. We spent a couple of hours having fun and wearing ourselves out .


I am sure we all slept very good that night because we were so tired out from all of our wild partying!


I still have my Twist record and every once in a while I put it on and listen to it and remember our Twist party back in the olden days! If we had a Twist party now it would last, maybe, about ten minutes!




1 Comments:

At January 16, 2009 at 7:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I had a film of that! I can remember twisting until my sides hurt. It was a lot of fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home