Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Charm Bracelet



Back in about the 1970s I decided to get myself a charm bracelet. I had my two children and my five grandchildren and I wanted something to remind me of them. I got the little heads with their name on the front and their birth dates on the back. I got little mementos from places I visited and events that were important to me such as Las Vegas, the Capital in DC, a horn from new Orleans, my birthstone , a yellow rose of Texas (ME!) , a memento of my graduation and a couple of other things.


One thing I bought and unfortunately lost before I got it home, was an image of the Super dome in New Orleans. I searched all over for it but, alas, it was lost!


You do run out of space on a charm bracelet so there are many other places and events that I would love to have added to it but it is full, as you can see.


So every once in a while I get the bracelet out and reminisce about the places and events that meant so much to me at the time. Ah, thank God for memories!

1 Comments:

At January 15, 2009 at 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started a charm bracelet several years ago for memories from the trips we took. It has only 2 charms, because I forgot I had it! It has a Jerusalem cross from Israel and a Pinocchio from Italy. Maybe this year I'll get to add another.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home