Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Men's Sock Garters






















Have you ever seen a man wear this type of garter to hold his socks up? My Dad used to have garters like these. I guess they work fine for a man with muscles on his calf but if he were skinny I don't think they would work.


I can remember my Dad putting on his socks and then fastening the garter around his leg and attaching it to his socks.


That was when socks didn't have any elastic in the top of them as they do now. Nowadays elastic is woven into the top of the sock and it holds them up in the same way women's knee highs are held up.


I remember that not too long after the garters my Dad must have got socks that had the elastic in them because I don't remember him having the old kind for too many years. It must have been a pleasure to have your socks stay up without that tight garter around your calf muscle. I know that I was relieved to have pantyhose come along and I didn't have to wear a garter belt.


Elastic was a Godsend for everyone. Not only for socks but for many other things that we use nowadays. Hooray for progress!

1 Comments:

At June 19, 2018 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The keyword of our knit product is “quality”, and only the products that pass the most stringent tests are worthy of the name Yhao.  A project born in a temple, and now has become the temple of quality!  socks for men

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home