Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Deep Freeze





















We have had an unusually long streak of cold in our area. It has been below zero, about 14 below one morning, and we also have a good amount of snow on the ground. Even the high temperatures in the middle of the days are only in single digits.




Fortunately, it is supposed to warm up a little by the end of this week for about two days and then go back to the really frigid temperatures again (by warm up I mean into the 20s).




You people who live in the south don't know how it feels to walk outside in 14 below zero and take a deep breath! It hurts your lungs. You also get frost on your nose and mouth If you are out more than a few minutes. I don't go outside in this kind of weather unless I absolutely have to.




I sometimes wonder why I am living here--then I remember--I have a daughter and grand kids that live here and my home is here. So that is why I live here.



I sit on my couch by the window and just look out. I am waiting for spring. It will come one day, it always does! Then when it is in the 100 degree range this summer I will think of this cold and wish I had some of it.


Why is it that we are never satisfied with what we have?

1 Comments:

At January 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like your cartoons -- especially the Al Gore one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home