Friday, January 23, 2009

Jim Davis--Garfield creator
























Don't you just love Garfield? It is one of my favorite comic strips.


I was fortunate enough to meet Jim Davis, Garfield's creator, many years ago at a writing seminar at Ball State University.


He was one of the featured speakers at the seminar. He was a very down to earth guy. I can't remember if I got his autograph or not. He was somewhat famous then but not as much as now.


That was about 1976 or 1977. Had I known how famous he would become I certainly would have pursued an autograph!


Jim Davis was born in Marion, Indiana on July 28th, 1945. His first Garfield comic strip was published in 1978. It was an immediate hit.




Oh, that reminds me, I have an urge for some Lasagna!

1 Comments:

At January 24, 2009 at 8:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite character is Odie. He is so lovable and innocent!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home