Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January 21. 1899


Daddy at 8 months



Daddy at about 18
January 21, 1899 is the birth date of the best man I ever knew. I know you would not find anyone who would disagree with me.


My Dad was not a big talker but he did manage to say what had to be said.


I never saw my Dad angry. He did sometimes get a little irritated but the most he ever said was, "Now I wish you hadn't gone and done that or said that." He never spanked me in my whole life when I am sure that sometimes I needed it!


My Dad has been gone for many years but I still feel his presence and love as if he were here.


I hope he has a very happy birthday in his heavenly home and he will forever have them there! Daddy, I love You!

3 Comments:

At January 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandpa's quote is one of my favorites and I often pass it along..."The less you say, the less you have to take back!" He sure was a wise man. nh

 
At January 22, 2009 at 7:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to see Grandpa -- I always enjoyed getting into a lively political debate with him. I'd like to discuss our current Democratic President!

 
At January 22, 2009 at 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that even though Daddy was a staunch democrat he just might turn over in his grave if he knew what happened this past election.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home