Monday, January 19, 2009

More about Roosters

One Cocky Rooster



My Dad had been burning leaves one fall day and most of the leaves had burned but there were still some hot embers in among the ashes.





There was this one cocky rooster which my Dad disliked because the rooster was a very feisty and king of the hill type rooster. He fought with the other chickens and just was one ill tempered guy.





He was walking around the ashes and suddenly he walked into them after a bug or something. He started really jumping and squawking. My Dad laughed his head off, the rooster had walked into some of the hot embers and was getting his feet singed. He was not crowing so loud then, he was squawking and fighting to get out of that hot spot! My Dad thought it was hilarious since it was the one rooster that he despised.



Mr Cocky was not so cocky after that. My Mom said that was the most she had ever seen my Dad laugh in her whole time of being with him.

Poor Mister Cocky!

2 Comments:

At January 20, 2009 at 7:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just see Grandma laughing and telling that story.

 
At January 20, 2009 at 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure wish I could have seen Grandpa laughing about that...it was a rarity to see him really tickled about something. nh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home