Monday, March 16, 2009

Puckered Towels
















Do you have towels that look like these? I have quite a few. I bought them before I realized the problem with them. The pink towel is a Cannon brand and the other one is a Dundee brand. They were beautiful towels when I bought them and for a very short time after we used them.


Then came the problems. The pink towel had a fringe at the top and bottom which began to make the towel look like a rag before too long. There is no hem at the top or bottom--just the fringe. The fringe gradually wore away and made the towel look like a rag. The green towel looked fine when I bought it but soon, after a few launderings, the woven band at the bottom puckered more and more making the towel impossible to fold straight and nice. I hate them.


I still do use them because of my frugal nature and I don't want to waste anything. But I do put them on the bottom of my towel stack to hide the ugliness of them.


Cannon is very well known brand and I can't believe they put out towels that are like these. Dundee is also a well known brand. Even if they might be a less expensive line of their towels I would not buy them if I knew they were the way they are.


When I buy towels now I certainly look for the ones without fringe and that have no woven band across the bottom. I have had these towels many years so maybe Cannon and Dundee have remedied their problems. I certainly hope so!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home