Tuesday, April 27, 2010

More about Uncle Bernice




On the left is a picture of our Uncle Bernice. On the right is a picture of Jimmy Roberts who sings with the Lawrence Welk band.
Jimmy Roberts is now deceased but only for a couple of years.
Of course I still see him all the time when I watch the Lawrence Welk show. The show now is made up from clips of the old shows.
Every time I watch the show and see Jimmy Roberts sing I feel like I have just seen Uncle Bernice. His mannerisms are so much like Uncle Bernice's and his voice is like I remember uncle Bernice's voice, not that uncle Bernice sang but just the sound of his voice.
If you notice in the pictures their hair is identical. I could not find a picture of Uncle Bernice smiling as Jimmy Roberts is but I think the similarities are striking!
Jimmy Roberts passed away some time back. He most always sang with Norma Zimmer on the show but he also had a lot of solo spots. I feel a closeness to him because he reminds me so much of our dear Uncle Bernice.
By the way, the Lawrence Welk show is still on. It was off for a few times and I thought it was done for--luckily it isn't! So I can still enjoy the one show that I never miss watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home