Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Stiff Drink!


My Dad and my Mother

My Dad was not a drinker at all but I do know that he did take a mighty stiff drink one time!

My Mother used to make her starch and store it in the fridge to keep it from getting soured (It would do that if you left it out at room temperature in the summer time).

She had a big jar of starch stored in the fridge. My Dad was looking for a cold drink and he grabbed her jar of starch--he thought it was lemonade--and poured himself a big glass of it. I don't remember if he actually drank more than one swallow, but he drank enough that he knew something was wrong with that lemonade!

My Mother informed him that he was drinking starch! He quickly sat his glass on the counter and rinsed his mouth out. That was the stiffest drink he had ever taken! I wonder if his throat was stiff?




3 Comments:

At August 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post is one of your funniest and cutiest I think! I love the title of it! How clever!

 
At August 14, 2008 at 6:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture! I remember Grandma laughing about that incident....if I'm not mistaken, grandpa drank quite a bit of the starch. EWWWW! nh

 
At August 14, 2008 at 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We said Grandpa walked around stiff-legged for days! I remember Grandma saying, "Elbert! That's the starch!" And he said,"Well, I thought it tasted kind of funny." Grandma laughed about that incident for years.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home